Save the Turkey Trot!
The Honolulu Marathon Clinic along with Mid-Pacific Road Runners Club presents the 45th Annual Turkey Trot at Queen Kapiolani Park Bandstand.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we will not have the traditional “10-Mile Predict Your Time Run”…not to worry, the 10-Miler will be back next year!
This year, what better way to work up a Thanksgiving Day appetite and help to keep the Turkey Trot tradition going by joining in on a fun run/walk for the entire family!
There will be an out-n-back 8-Mile route through beautiful Kahala, an out-n-back 4-Mile route to Operation Red Wing Medal of Honor Park (Triangle Park), or a 2-Mile route around Kapiolani Park and the Zoo.
Thanksgiving-related costumes are encouraged – best costume wins a prize! Fresh Malasadas from Leonard’s Bakery for registered runners/walkers at the bandstand finish line.
- Thursday, Thanksgiving Day – November 28, 2019
- Queen Kapiolani Park Bandstand
- Online Registration is available from September 1 through November 26, 2019
- Day-of-Event Registration begins at 6:00 a.m, November 28, 2019
- Registration: $15 donation ($20 for day of) (you may give more, of course, to support the work of the Honolulu Marathon Clinic)
- The run/walk begins as soon as all are registered (between 7:00 a.m.-7:15 a.m.), so participants are cautioned to arrive early. The 8-milers will be sent off first, followed by the 4-milers, and then the 2-milers. Since this is not a road race and there are no road closures or police coverage, participants must stay on the sidewalk and obey all traffic rules.
- Prizes! All runners will be eligible for random prizes. Random drawings will begin at 9:00 a.m. so all participants should plan to be back at the Bandstand by that time.
- Turkey Trot t-shirts may be pre-ordered online for $25. Shirts must be picked up on the day of the event – none will be mailed.
Registration prior to event day is available here (September 1 – November 26):
Registration – $15 donation for all distances. ($20 for day of registration)
Why do we need to SAVE THE TURKEY TROT?
The Honolulu Marathon Clinic, lead by Jack H. Scaff, Jr., M.D. FACSM, has presented the 10-Mile Predict Your Time Turkey Trot Run since 1974. This sanctioned training run, for many that have participated in the training clinic thru the years and finished the Honolulu Marathon was in jeopardy of being canceled. The Honolulu Marathon Clinic Board and Mid-Pacific Road Runners Club will not allow this to happen to this established event and have formed a partnership to Save the Turkey Trot! Registration on event day is at 6:00 a.m. at the Queen Kapiolani Park Bandstand (November 28th).